Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, December 3, 2010

Nursing Strike

According to Baby Center, a baby who refuses to breastfeed, and is not in the process of being weaned, is said to be on a "nursing strike." A nursing strike is a baby's way of telling you that something's wrong. And it'll probably take a little detective work to figure out the problem.
It happened to me last week when I refused to drink milk/breastfeed (or even eat) for two days because my tongue was infected with chicken pox. I was just recovering from pneumonia so it was really hard for me to have chicken pox, my appetite was affected and I lose some weights because of these back to back infection. Dad wanted to bring me to the hospital for fear of dehydration because I only sipped 4 ounces of milk (with the help of a teaspoon) for the entire day. (dad's note: visit my blog for related story)
Anyway, I am now okay and my appetite is back. Though right now I only drink less than 10 ounces of milk a day, I eat a lot of food especially fruits (dad's note: I hope you will drink a few more ounces of milk a day)
P.S. Goodbye feeding bottle, I am drinking my milk strait from a cup.
Have a nice day to all,


© ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Unauthorized use, edit, copy, reproduction, publication, duplication, download and distribution of any image may result in severe legal and criminal penalties under the law. The above photos were taken by Ricky Pascual and remain the properties of the photographer. Please do not use elsewhere without the owner’s permission.

1 comment: