Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, April 24, 2009

13th Week of My Development

This week is the beginning of the 2nd trimester of my mom's pregnancy
First things first, my heartbeat should be audible by now using a hand-held, ultrasound device called a Doppler. The much awaited recording of my heartbeat will happen this morning, watch out.
My eyes are moving closer together from their original wide-set position, and my intestines, which were originally formed outside my body, are now inside my abdomen. And although you won't feel my movements for a few weeks, I can feel you – if you rub your bump I'll sense and respond to your touch with a jerky, reflexive movement.
I am already getting ready for life in the big wide world, practising swallowing and sucking – the skills I'll need to feed. My veins and organs are clearly visible through my still-thin skin, and my body is starting to catch up with my head — which makes up just a third of my body size now. If I am a girl, I now have more than 2 million eggs in the ovaries. I am almost 3 inches long and weighs nearly an ounce.
Who's that singing? Lea Salonga? Could be me: My vocal cords and larynx are completed now. Though I won't be able to make any sound yet, however, because sound waves travel through air and I am submerged in fluid. I might inherit my parents talent since they were choir members and my dad is a songwriter/musician.
For the next few weeks I'll be busy gaining weight
Friends, see! you soon
P.S.
If my parents are really lucky, they might catch a glimpse of me thumb sucking on an ultrasound photo, It could be tomorrow, so my dad is preparing for the video and camera to catch this exciting show of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment