Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, April 6, 2009

10th Week of My Development

I have been hard at work growing as fast as possible—almost doubling in size in the past three weeks! Amazingly, I'm in for a repeat size doubling performance within the next three weeks!
My major organ systems are developing, including a functioning digestive tract capable of moving food all the way through my bowels. My ears have formed, both inner and outer, and the lips are visible. My genitals continue to form, although at this stage they won't be picked up on an ultrasound scan since it is still small.
My neck is visible too, giving me a more human-like appearance. However, the bulging forehead, which houses my swiftly growing brain, makes me look a bit like an alien! Head growth slows now and during the coming months, body growth accelerates to give me a more balanced, human look. My nerves are sprouting from the spinal cord.

I still weighs less than a quarter of an ounce but has already completed the most critical stage of my development. Using Doppler technology, my mom's gynecologist can let my parents hear my tiny rapid fetal heartbeats. This will happen on my mom's next visit on April 25, 2009 although they are monitoring my development since week 6 so they've already seen my heart beating through the ultrasound.
What’s more, they’re getting ready to make my first baby poop!.

Did you know that I already developed defense mechanisms to protect me on reflex!? Amazing!!

Friends, see you soon


P.S.

I will be sharing with you the recording of my heartbeat...watch out!

"For behold, the instant the sound of your salutation reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy." - Luke 1:44

Image from: http://ukfamily.co.uk/ages-stages/pregnancy-birth/your-pregnancy/whats-happening/week-10-baby.html

No comments:

Post a Comment