Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

26th Week of My Development

My nostrils are opening up, so I'll be able to practise breathing through my nose as well as my mouth. My eyes are developing the ability to focus, although I'll only be able to see objects 15-20cm away at birth. My lungs are maturing and I'd have an 80 per cent chance of survival if I was born now.
Lengthwise, My growth has slowed down now, but I am still gaining lots of fat. my movements are likely to be strong enough to be seen from the outside, and mom may be able to make out the rough shape of a protruding foot, elbow or bottom. The network of nerves to my ears are now fully developed, and I'll noticeably react to external noises. I am also likely to have a burst of activity just after mom have eaten.
I now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If I am a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into my scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.
Did you know that I will be born with over 70 reflexes that develop in the womb. One of the strongest is sucking – some babies are even born with sucking blisters on their thumbs or fingers, because the urge to latch on is so strong. Amazing!!!!
Friends, see you soon!!!


Image from: http://www.babycenter.com/fetal-development-images-26-weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment