Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, July 8, 2010

While My Baby Sleeps (My Daddy's Tale)

Let me share with you a short tale from my dad.

My baby had a cough for more than two weeks now and it was a little uncomfortable (or traumatic I guess) for her to take her medicine. She automatically closes (or bite) her lips whenever she saw the medicine dropper. We don't have a choice but to force her to open her mouth (have you imagine 8 month old baby struggling not to drink her medicine?) she cries eventually.
After giving her the antibiotic for her cough, I carried her (though my lower back really hurts) and explained to her why she needs to take her medicine. I talked to her as if she was an adult kid, showing her the dates and frequency of taking her medicine. I told her that in three days she will stopped taking her medicine. I thought she understood it well, she stopped crying and leaned her head on my shoulder.
I hummed to let her sleep, a few times she will lift her head and stared at me as if she was saying "daddy, promise 3 days to go?", I kissed and embraced her. We go to bed and I sung her songs to help her sleep, after a few more minutes she was sleeping soundly as if nothing happened.
I had teary eyes while watching her fall asleep and I was just too proud that I did help her sleep again (it's difficult for me to do it most of the time). Looking at her innocent face made me wonder. How could a small baby like her made her parents so proud and at the same time make us happy and blessed even if she is just sleeping? I guess, that's the blessing of being a parent. A child takes away all her parents' problems, anxieties, sadness, name any negative emotions and these will fade away just by seeing your child get excited to hug and kiss you as you arrived from work.
While my baby sleeps, I watched her serene and worry-free face. After all the crying, she knew that everything will be okay because we say so, that the difficulty of drinking her medicine is just temporary and necessary. She just trust what I had said, because I am her father. I wonder when will I become like her, like a child, trusting our Almighty Father no matter how difficult life is. Though I've heard it many times, I learned the lesson from a child, to trust God even more because He said it. With this, I embraced my child and I fall asleep.

"He called a little child and had him stand among them. And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."- Matthew 18:2-4

Have a nice day to all,





© ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Unauthorized use, edit, copy, reproduction, publication, duplication, download and distribution of any image may result in severe legal and criminal penalties under the law. The above photos were taken by Ricky Pascual and remain the properties of the photographer. Please do not use elsewhere without the owner’s permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment