Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, May 18, 2009

16th Week of My Development

I am preparing myself for a growth spurt over the next several weeks. My head is more erect now than it has been in the previous weeks. My ears and eyes are situated in their final positions. These three things are giving me a more “normal” appearance than I had up to this point.

In the next few weeks, I will double my weight and add inches to my length. Right now, I'm about the size of an avocado: By the end of this week I will be approximately 5.31 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces.

The patterning of my scalp has begun, though my locks aren't recognizable yet. My heart pumps around 25 quarts of blood per day. However, by week 40 this amount will increase to 1,900 quarts per day!

Because my muscles are developing, I can make some faces now. I will able to squint, frown and open my mouth. There is enough calcium in my bones that they will show up on an x-ray. My fingernails are well formed now and the legs are longer than the arms. Because I am moving well now, My mom may begin to feel my movements! Fetal movements are usually felt between the 16th and 20th week of pregnancy.
Wow!, I'm almost halfway of my development, things are getting more exciting, I am sure my mom would be glad feeling my movements.
Did you know that at 16 weeks, I wee every 40 minutes! Just think of all those nappies?
Friends, see you soon
P.S.
Don't forget to vote on a simple survey found on the right portion of my homepage "What is my gender?", In 22 days, voting will be officially closed.

1 comment:

  1. Gab, i have yet to see mommy chie to somehow identify if u'r handsome or pretty :) my vote will come soon hehe :)mwah Gab! :)- ate joken

    ReplyDelete