Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mom's Prenatal Check-up & The Fetal Doppler

I'm almost 15 weeks in my mom's belly and yesterday is no ordinary day for me and my mom. The 2nd of the series of monthly check-up before it become weekly and daily one or two weeks before my birth, that's about 25 weeks or so.
My parents are too eager to hear my heartbeat using the Fetal Doppler* and record it but it was too noisy outside the clinic and the sound is still too soft (Sorry Dad, I think you have to wait for a couple of weeks more before you can actually record it and use it as your ring tone).
My heartbeat is normal at the rate of 157 bpm. As usual, the doctor gave instructions to my mom while my dad is listening (hmmm). The doctor gave mom a new vitamin, Clusivol OB®**: a dietary supplement for pregnant and lactating women. She will continue taking Duvadilan® until instructed otherwise.
That's it for the day.
Friends, see you soon!
P.S.
Here's the video of yesterday's check-up. Sorry you can hardly hear my hearbeat so my dad muted the sound and replaced it with a song "Oyayi" found in Vespers 4 Album.

*Fetal Doppler - designed for private use, are pocket-sized, battery-operated devices that send out low-frequency ultrasound waves. They usually comprise a handset of controls with a built-in speaker and a transducer which is placed against your bump. The ultrasound waves pass through your skin and tissue and then "bounce" back. This "bounce" is then translated into sound so that you can hear, for example, the sound of your baby's heart beating. Gel needs to be used on your skin to help with transmission of the waves. It is not only your baby's heart sounds that you will hear, as other organs (yours as well as your baby's) will also translate into sounds. You might hear your own heartbeat or the blood flowing through the major artery in your abdomen.
**Contents of Clusivol OB - Vit A 6000 iu, vit B1 3 mg, vit B2 3 mg, vit B6 3 mg, vit B12 2 mcg, vit C 100 mg, vit D3 400 iu, nicotinamide 20 mg, folic acid 2 mg, ferrous fumarate 66 mg, Ca carbonate 200 mg, Na iodide 75 mcg, K sulfate 2.5 mg, cupric hydroxide 0.5 mg, MgOH2 3 mg, manganese sulfate 0.5 mg, Na molybdate 0.1 mg, Zn sulfate 0.5 mg, Ca fluoride 15 mcg, Ca pantothenate 5.4 mg

No comments:

Post a Comment