Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Rolling Over

I was able to kick myself over, from my back to my tummy, when I was 3 months old. I eventually learned to flip over from my back to my tummy and vice versa.
At about 3 months, when placed on my stomach, I lift my head and shoulders high, using my arms for support. This mini-pushup helps me strengthen the muscles I use to roll over. It amazes me the first time I flips over. (While babies often flip from front to back first, doing it the other way is perfectly normal, too.)
At 4 months I was able to push up on my arms, and arch my back to lift my chest off the ground. I even rock on my stomach, kick my legs, and swim with my arms. All these exercises help me develop the muscles I need to roll over in both directions — I did it when I was 4 1/2 months. Rolling would be my primary mode of ground transportation for a while.
My developed leg, neck, back, and arm muscles will be same muscles to work as I learns to sit independently and crawl (most babies have mastered sitting up by 6 or 7 months; crawling comes a little later.)
As always, Dad will share this video in a few days.
Have a nice day,
P.S.

Congratulations!! to my two uncles, Tito Regie and Tito Renz, they graduated from elementary and highschool, respectively. Job well Done!, I'm sure momsie and popsie are proud of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment