Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

28th Week of My Development

It's a big week for me since this is the beginning of the last stage of my development. My eyes, which have been fused shut until about now, open and I begins to blink. The irises don't have any pigment yet, they're a slate grey, but my pupils will react to different levels of light by contracting and dilating. I may respond to a bright light from outside by giving a little kick. I am already looks a lot like I will appear at birth. I'm still quite wrinkly though, because of being surrounded by the amniotic fluid.
My respiratory system is still very immature (were I to be born now I would still need very intensive care and lots of intervention and help with breathing), but it has developed to the point where gas exchange is possible.
By this week, I weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of my head to my heels. I can blink my eyes, which now sport lashes. With my eyesight developing, I may be able to see the light that filters in through my mom's womb. I'm also developing billions of neurons in my brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

Friends, see you soon!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment