Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

29th Week of My Development

I now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. My muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and my head is growing bigger to make room for my developing brain. This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in my hardening skeleton each day, so my mom need more calcium to meet the demand.
I am still in the midst of a period of intense activity and gaining around 25g in weight every day. The blood vessels in my lungs are maturing and they're gradually getting ready for my first breath. For now my mom's placenta is providing me with all the oxygen I need.
All five of my senses are developing well (sight is the last to develop and will continue maturing once I am born). I am increasingly sensitive to changes in light, sound, taste and smell and may indicate preferences for particular tastes or odors. Whatever mom is eating will flavour her amniotic fluid – it can smell strongly of curry, garlic, onion and cumin for example – and researchers have found that baby will drink it faster the sweeter it tastes (one study showed that a 33 – week premature baby will suck harder on a sweetened nipple than on a plain one).
Did you know that if you could see me, you'd be able to observe me making faces – frowning, grimacing and making what looks like a smile (although a true smile doesn't occur until I'm about six weeks old).

Friends, see you soon!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment