Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

32nd Week of My development

This week is a real milestone as my lungs will have started to produce a substance called surfactant, which stops them from sticking together and helps them to expand – so in other words I am more likely to be able to take a breath of air unaided than ever before.
By now, I weighs 3.75 pounds and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in my mom's uterus. She's gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to me. In fact, I'll gain a third to half of my birth weight during the next 7 weeks as I fattens up for survival outside the womb. I now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). My skin is becoming soft and smooth as I plumps up in preparation for birth.

Research has shown that, at this point in my development, I am behaving almost exactly as a newborn and will continue to do from now on. I'll spend the majority of my day asleep or snoozing while my body gets on with the business of growing and maturing.
Did you know that I am receiving half a litre (500ml) of blood from the placenta every minute to help me grow. And at the moment my bladder volume is 10ml. At 40 weeks it will be more like 40ml!. Amazing!!!

Friends see you soon!!!

Image from: http://www.babycenter.com/fetal-development-images-32-weeks

1 comment:

  1. Ricky, nakakaaliw email postings mo/Gabby!

    Im sure both of you ni Chi are excited! You sound like you will be a very doting dad!

    May our Lady of La Leche, patroness of pregnant women and babies in womb grant safe, easy, normal delivery. Hello to Chi!

    God bless!

    Yae

    ReplyDelete