Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

35th Week of My Development

At this point, I don't have much room to maneuver now that I am over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in mom's womb, I am not likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times I kicks should remain about the same. When you look into my mom's tummy, you may notice an elbow, head, foot or bottom protruding from her bump now and then – and it may feel uncomfortable when I kicks.
My kidneys are fully developed now, and my liver can process some waste products. My hearing is fully formed (although some aspects will continue to develop until about the age of 18 months), so if dad is talking to me I'll be hearing him better than ever this week.
As I continues to gain weight and lay down fat, the wall of mom's uterus and abdomen will be more stretched than ever, letting in more light. I'll be able to see this and I may develop a new, daily activity routine.
Most of my basic physical development is now complete — I'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.
Did you know that at about this point, I have expanded to a thousand times my original size!. Amazing!!!

Friends see you soon!!!

Image from: http://www.babycenter.com/fetal-development-images-35-weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment