Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, October 5, 2009

36th Week of My Development

Laying down fat is still the name of the game at the moment, and I am still gaining about 25g (an ounce) a day. This may start to slow down slightly, though. I now weighs almost 6 pounds and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. I am shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered my body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected my skin during my nine-month amniotic bath. I swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of my first bowel movement.
Most of my bones are still soft, to allow for an easier journey through the birth canal. They will harden up over the first few years of life. My circulation is fully developed and my immune system is mature enough to protect me from infections outside the womb.
At the end of this week, I will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.) Most likely I'm in a head-down position.

Did you know that In addition to laying down fat everywhere else, my little cheeks are getting chubbier now. Bet you can't wait to see them!

Friends see you soon!!!

Image from: http://www.babycenter.com/fetal-development-images-36-weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment