Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, September 18, 2009

The Fetal Skull

To understand how I will maneuver out of the pelvis of my mom you will need to know a bit about the fetal skull.
The bones of my head are not yet fused, this allows the bones to overlap as I makes it's way through the pelvis at the end of pregnancy and labor. The lines are called suture lines and also show the fontanels or soft spots of my skull. The front of my head is the anterior portion and the back is the posterior portion.
The Lord really prepared everything, even this gap on my skull is well designed to ensure my safety during birth. Imagine if the bones of my head are already fused, my skull will be crushed (and its fatal) because of the pressure created by the pelvis. Amazing!

Friends see you soon!!!

Source: http://pregnancy.about.com/od/laborbasics/ss/fetalpositions.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment