Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Supplementing With Formula Milk

Two days ago, I consumed all the milk mom had left for the day's supply. She went home late from work, so I don't have a choice but to drink formula milk (dad bought formula milk for emergency use only and provided I will drink only one bottle per day or as needed, they still prefer breast milk for me).
After just a few minutes of consuming the milk, I vomited all of it. My digestive system reacted and it caused me discomfort for the rest of the night.
One of the reason is my digestive system can't digest cow's milk proteins. Cow's milk also has too much sodium, potassium, and chloride, which can tax my kidneys.
Giving me cow's milk (I haven't seen any formula milk which does not came from cow's milk) could even cause iron deficiency and internal bleeding and it can increase me risk of an allergic reaction. This was the root cause why I vomited and why my face turned reddish. My pediatrician recommended that I drink formula milk with HW to prevent vomiting again (I don't like the taste but it doesn't cause me any discomfort).
But once my digestive system is ready to digest it (usually at age 12 months) milk becomes a powerful ally. A great source of calcium, phosphorus, and vitamin A, milk will build my bones and teeth and help my body regulate my blood coagulation and muscle control. Almost all milk is fortified with vitamin D, which helps the body absorb the calcium it needs.
I hope (and pray) that mom would produce more than enough milk for me daily so that I wont be drinking formula milk anymore.

P.S.

In line with this, I am selling my milk (Enfapro A+) at a discounted price of P600 only (Dad bought it at P880), I only consumed 3 oz, so I barely touched it. Just leave a comment if you want to buy it.

Have a nice day to all,

© ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Unauthorized use, edit, copy, reproduction, publication, duplication, download and distribution of any image may result in severe legal and criminal penalties under the law. The above photos were taken by Ricky Pascual and remain the properties of the photographer. Please do not use elsewhere without the owner’s permission.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks mommy, for taking extra care of our Gabby that night. I was tensed and want to bring her to the hospital.

    ReplyDelete