Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, May 30, 2010

The 2010 Kerygma Fun Raiser

The 2010 Kerygma Fun Raiser is my 2nd 5K Marathon (Condura Run is my first), off course, dad was with me to pushed my stroller for 46 minutes (unofficial, dad's best is a little over 30 minutes when he's alone).
I was still too sleepy when we left our house at 4:30 in the morning, we arrived at around 5:15 in time for Community Worship.
We did a lot of stretching prior to the actual run (see left photo, I was stretching my legs to prevent cramps, ha! ha! ha!).
I have my own race bib number (5637) this time though I registered under my mom's name.
The race started at around 6:30am, dad and I were in the middle of the pack and waited for our turn to run. Thank God that the sun showed up (the sky was a little gray when we arrived) very timely and I was able to joined my dad.
It was getting hotter because the race started way too late (it usually starts at 5:30am) but thankfully there were 5++ water stations around the race track and was helpful to quench dad's thirst.
Dad was too proud everytime people saw us running and greeted us (Dad's note: I am very proud indeed and this is not going to be our last marathon together).
I was enjoying the race because I was seeing a lot of faces and places. Right at the middle of the race, I took a nap and rest. Dad left me on the side of the street to drink another cup of water.
As we approached the final 50 meters of the race, dad tried to wake me up but to no avail. We finished the race in 46 minutes (it's not our personal best together but it is still a lot better than the other finishers' official time).
After the race, dad went to the photo booth for a photo opportunity and souvenir. Dad was too persistent to wait. We waited for an hour and a half though we almost went home frustrated because the power was cut off as we were waiting for the couple (Tito Ryan and Tita Laly, mom and dad's friends) ahead of us to finished. Luckily, there was a crew member who told the generator provider to turn the power on again.
Though I was tired already, I still managed to give my best smile while we were being photographed. Afterwhich, we headed to mom's office for she still needed to report for work (she was late from work, thanks mom for your patience and by giving in to dad's request).
This event is for the benefits of the different ministry's of the Light of Jesus Community. See you again at the 2011 Kerygma Fun Racer.


Have a nice day to all,

© ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Unauthorized use, edit, copy, reproduction, publication, duplication, download and distribution of any image may result in severe legal and criminal penalties under the law. The above photos were taken by Ricky Pascual and remain the properties of the photographer. Please do not use elsewhere without the owner’s permission.

1 comment: