Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, June 8, 2009

19th Week of My Development

I am almost halfway done on my development, yipeee!!. Here's what I accomplished this week:
My sensory development is exploding! My brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. I may be able to hear my mom's voice now; so mom, don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to me, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.
I now weighs about 9 ounces (240 grams) and measures 7 inches (18 cm), head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. My arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of my body now. My kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on my scalp is sprouting.
A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on my skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid. It helps protect my skin from becoming waterlogged while I am immersed in the amniotic fluid, and also from scratches inflicted by my wayward fingernails.
The placenta continues to grow and offer nourishment for me while my growth becomes rapid now and I begin to store iron for the production of red blood cells. I can even dream (REM sleep)! now.
Did you know that I now have tiny buds where my milk teeth will eventually sprout. A few babies are even born with teeth. Amazing!

For Mom:

If you have not looked into childbirth classes, now is the time to do so. Childbirth education is a great way of informing yourself about pregnancy, labor and birth.

For Dad:

I know that you're composing a song for me. I'm excited to listen to the final version.

Friends, see you soon!

Gabby

No comments:

Post a Comment