Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Placenta Previa

We went to the doctor for a scheduled monthly check-up. At 18 week and 4 days I am expected to be more active, I'm sure mom feels my small movement now. The doctor checked my heartbeat using the Doppler and it shows normal heart rate. (see related video)

Mom, told her Ob-Gyne of the recent ultrasound which shows that she has a condition called Placenta Previa.

Placenta Previa is a condition where in the placenta is covering (complete or partial) the cervix. It occurs in 1 out 200 pregnancies and requires careful monitoring by the doctor.

However this condition may change throughout the duration of pregnancy and it will most likely correct itself, as the uterus grows the placenta gets further from the cervix.

The doctor advised mom to avoid the following to prevent bleeding:
  • Heavy lifting
  • Intercourse
  • Strenuous activities

The doctor gave my mom an additional vitamin called Fortifer® an anti-anemic supplement that provide adequate amounts of iron and B-complex vitamins to prevent and treat anemia.

P.S.

Please always pray for our safety. May the placenta gets further from the cervix as it grows so that my mom will give birth normally.

Friends, see you soon!!

Gabby

Photo Credit: http://healthguide.howstuffworks.com/placenta-previa-picture.htm

1 comment:

  1. Hello Ricky and to your lovely wife,

    My prayers with you. Sorry for the late reply, just read your e-mail.
    I have experienced also placenta previa with my daughter 14 years ago. I was bleeding from my fourth to 8 months, I was adviced by my doctor if I wont stop from bleeding they will forced to open me thru CS because they will be uncertain of what the baby's condition if it wont stop (bleeding) Fortunately after my continous prayer 2 days before the deadline, with God's grace the bleeding stopped and when I had my ultrasound she is in the normal position. I gave birth normal procedure to a lovely girl.

    God is so good, with your desire to a wonderful baby God will give what you've been asking for.....

    I will be with you in prayers....

    ReplyDelete