Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

22nd Week of My Development

At 22 weeks, I now have the proportions of a newborn, although I still got a lot of weight to gain before the birth. My skin still looks wrinkled because I only have one per cent body fat.
My eyes have now formed, too, although the iris (the colored part of the eye) isn't coloured yet. My pancreas, which will help regulate my hormones, is under development, too. My liver starts producing various enzymes that help in breaking down the billirubin.
My brain is developing fast, and my brainwave patterns are now similar to a newborn. I am developing the very beginnings of conscious thought. Scientists believe that at this stage, unborn babies already have a primitive memory, and some even think that they can dream.
I now weighs about 15 oz (430 grams) and 11 inches (28 cm) in length
Did you know that At 22 weeks, I already have hair, eyebrows and eyelashes, but they don't contain any pigment yet – they're pure white.

Friends, see you soon!!!

Gabby

Image from: http://www.babycenter.com/fetal-development-images-22-weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment