Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, June 15, 2009

20th Week of My Development

The Week 20 officially marks the end of my development phase. All my major organs and body systems have developed. I now enters the simple growth stage wherein organs and systems are getting refined for a successful life in this world after my birth.
I am swallowing more these days, which is good practice for my digestive system. I am also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in my bowels, and you'll see it in my first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).
The next eight weeks will be my most active time – I am in full control of my movements, and has enough space inside my mom's womb to move freely. I am even developing my own daily routine. My movement will become increasingly noticeable to my mom.
I now weighs about 10 ounces (283 grams) and 8.7 inches (22 cm) in length.
Did you know that at 20 weeks, I am growing hair. Many babies lose their first hair soon after birth, but the hairline I develops in the womb will be mine for life. Amazing!!
I am now in the half way mark of my development and this deserves a celebration with mom and dad.

Friends, see you soon!!!

Gabby


No comments:

Post a Comment