Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, June 27, 2010

I'm Eight Months Old

I turned eight months old last Wednesday and we simply celebrated it with some pizzas. Let me share with you on how far have I accomplished for the past four months.

I am now creeping (pushing myself around on my belly), and sometimes practicing lifting my belly, as if I am doing push-ups. I was able to figure out how to move forward and backward by pushing off with my knees. I usually do the"combat crawl", a variation in which one leg is the pusher and the opposite arm the lead puller.

All of these variations on crawling strengthen the muscles that will soon enable me to walk. It's fascinating to see how I solves the problem of getting around (dad's note: she made us all smile in awe, she has so much courage to try new things).

I am able to pull myself up to a standing position while holding on to furniture or on my crib's railing. I also let mom and dad watch my tricks which made their heart jump. I could sit without any support but I am still practicing to sit on my own from lying position.

At this stage some parents put their children in baby walkers, but that's not a good idea. Walkers are unsafe: they discourage floor play, which helps her learn to walk by giving her opportunities to crawl, pull up, and cruise while holding on to furniture — all activities that lead to walking. (dad's note: we've learned this in a seminar, pacifier is another item which is not in our list to buy).

That's all for now.

P.S.: In less that 3 months I'll be having a new playmate. See you soon baby Zia (soon to be child of Ninong Joel and Ninang Agirl).


Have a nice day,



© ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Unauthorized use, edit, copy, reproduction, publication, duplication, download and distribution of any image may result in severe legal and criminal penalties under the law. The above photos were taken by Ricky Pascual and remain the properties of the photographer. Please do not use elsewhere without the owner’s permission.


No comments:

Post a Comment