Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, March 27, 2009

8th Week of My Development

Today, I'm eight (8) weeks and two (2) days. I am nearly an each (25mm) tall and weighs one (1) gram (0.04 oz) . I could actually be seen without using a telescope! and I am finally starting to take on some very distinct human features. However, my head is disproportionate with the rest of my body.
The little tail (spinal cord) has disappeared completely. It’s nice to know that I am no longer an embryo and I become a fetus. Both of my toes and fingers are prominent with very little, if any, webbing. My upper and lower limbs all show recognizable joints (elbows and knees) and the lower limb bones are starting to form.
All of my vital organs are in place: heart, lungs, brain and intestines. However, they are all still immature and will develop further. The genitalia (which will determine my gender) begin to form but it is not yet visible in the ultrasound.
Till then...
P.S. 1 : I put a countdown of my birth at the lower left of my home page, thanks to Tita Maia for the link.
P.S. 2: My mom is not feeling well today, please pray for her.
P.S. 3: My dad, got home late from work because of a deadline. His wrist is very painful for a couple of weeks now and excessive use of computer aggravates the condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment