Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, March 13, 2009

Gabby is My Nickname

Hi, my nickname is Gabby. My dad picked this nickname since they want my 2nd name to be Gabrielle or Gabriel, depending on my gender. Also to avoid confusion and in respect with their lost child, he changed it from Gab to Gabby.
Gabby can be a name of a male or female but it is usually use for a female name. In French, Gabby means Diminutive of Gabrielle: Woman of God. In English, diminutive literally means extremely small in size. Since I'm still too small (size of a pencil eraser), it is just right to call me Gabby. I'm sure this nickname will evolve in the future.
Gabby is a shorten version of Gabriel/Gabrielle which has a biblical meaning of God is my Strength and Warrior of God. Other form for Gabby are Gabi and Gabbi.
I will reveal my 2nd name in a few months time.
"God is my strength and power: and he makes my way perfect" - 2 Samuel 22:33 (AKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment