Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My Sense of Hearing

The inner ear is fully developed by the time the mother is about 20 weeks pregnant, and babies are born with fully developed hearing – so I am ready to listen and learn from the get-go.
From birth, babies pay close attention to voices, especially high-pitched ones. Babies will respond to familiar sounds (I am already familiar with my parents' voices and I startle at loud or unexpected noises.)
How babies respond to sounds depends in part on temperament. A more sensitive baby (like me) jumps at every little noise.
By around 2 months, most babies get quiet when they hear familiar voices and make vowel sounds like "ohh' and "ahh".
At about 4 months, I started to look for the source of a sound, and by now I am trying to imitate sounds (dad's note: can't wait to hear Gabby to say single words like "ma-ma" and "da-da".

Have a nice day,


© ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Unauthorized use, edit, copy, reproduction, publication, duplication, download and distribution of any image may result in severe legal and criminal penalties under the law. The above photos were taken by Ricky Pascual and remain the properties of the photographer. Please do not use elsewhere without the owner’s permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment