Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

My First Summer Getaway

Our family is preparing for our first summer getaway (my mom's company outing) this coming Friday in Subic. Mom bought me sunglasses to protect my eyes from the heat of the sun.
They also bought me a sunblock to protect my skin and also a pool cruiser (fish design) For me to travel around the pool (or sea). Hopefully, my bathing suit will finished on time (Made to Order). My parents can't find a RTW bathing suit that fits my size.
Just this evening, Dad inflated the pool cruiser for me to have a feel of it and as expected, I've enjoyed riding on it. I think I am ready for this weekend's summer outing. I'll share about it in a couple of days.
Off course, all of these items are for picture taking purposes only. I won't take a dip into the pool and get wet (I'm still to young for it), I'll do it next time, but who knows, I might end up swimming after all. So here are some tips I got from Baby Centre:

Before your first trip to the swimming pool, phone ahead to find out if there's a playpen, pushchair access and changing tables in the changing room.

To keep babies like me safe while swimming:

  • Check that the temperature of the pool is between 84 degrees F and 86 degrees F -- if necessary, the swimming pool attendants can check it for you.
  • As soon as your baby starts to shiver, get her out of the pool and wrap her up warmly.
  • Start off with sessions of 10 minutes and build up to 20 minutes. If your baby is under one, avoid staying in for longer than 30 minutes.
  • If your baby has a cold or seems unwell, avoid going swimming.
  • If your baby has a skin complaint, check with your GP to make sure that the chlorine won't irritate his skin.

    Check out for more tips here.

    Have a nice day,

    © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Unauthorized use, edit, copy, reproduction, publication, duplication, download and distribution of any image may result in severe legal and criminal penalties under the law. The above photos were taken by Ricky Pascual and remain the properties of the photographer. Please do not use elsewhere without the owner’s permission.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment